Our Commitment to Your Privacy
We are LighterLife Fast2 Limited (Registered No – registered in Guernsey: 56925 :, VAT Registration No: 171 2714 27) whose registered address is at PO Box 20, Les Echelons Court, Les Echelons, St Peters Port, Guernsey, GY1 4AN.
This website at www.lighterlifefast.com is owned and operated by LighterLife Fast2. Your privacy when you use our website is of the utmost importance to us. At LighterLife Fast2, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
What Information Does LighterLife Fast2 Gather and Track about You?
You do not have to provide us with your personal information in order to use most of this website. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features [such as our prize draw entry, or posting any content to any blog]. Personal information is any piece of information which refers or relates to you such as your name, e-mail address and postal address.
However, if you are interested in obtaining information, products or services from LighterLife Fast2, or in participating in certain activities on this website (such as subscribing to our newsletter), you will need to provide us with certain personal information.
In addition, we may automatically collect information about the website that you came from or are going to. We also collect information on which pages of our website you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access our website] (“tracking information”). LighterLife Fast2 does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
We may also record and/or monitor calls for quality checks and staff training.
How We Use the Information
LighterLife Fast2 uses your personal information to maintain and manage your account, deliver services that you have requested, and generally enhance your experience on our website. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Providing the products and services you request;
- Sending you other administrative communications;
- Sending you surveys and competitions;
- Providing you with information which may be of interest to you from time to time (if you consent to receiving this). In order to tailor the information you receive, we may combine, analyse and use your gender and health information (where provided).
- Meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- Gather management information to form statistical and trend analysis;
- Research including to evaluate issues relating to nutrition, weight loss, behaviour and fitness or to improve our products and services. This may be linked to your personal information for internal purposes only to assist you in your personal weight loss efforts;
- Investigate any complaints about use of the Website;
We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in search functions as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
Sharing your personal information with third parties
LighterLife Fast2 will share your name and contact details with and its affiliate companies which are in the same group of companies as LighterLife Fast2 Ltd (all such companies referred to as LighterLife Group Companies) from time to time to enable them to contact you for the following purpose:
- conduct market research and surveys on behalf of Lighterlife (if you have chosen to participate) and
- to provide you information by email, SMS, phone and mail which may be of interest to you (if you have consented to receive this).
LighterLife Fast2 contracts with other companies to obtain certain services on our behalf, including credit card processing, [hosting services], marketing services, delivery, and conducting surveys. We provide these companies only with the information they need to perform their services, and they are permitted to use the information only for that specific purpose or as required by law, or if you have agreed to any additional use or sharing of your information. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
Some of the recipients of your personal information (including sensitive personal information)may be located in countries outside of the European Economic Area such as the US (even those which have limited or no data protection laws provided that we remain responsible for making sure that your personal information is given adequate protection and held securely). By submitting your personal information to this Website, you agree that such transfers may take place.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Our website and services are not designed for or directed to individuals under the age of 16.
We will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 16 without requesting parental consent
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. We refer to this technology as “cookies” throughout this policy but this is intended to cover all similar technologies including web beacons, log giles, pixel tags, gifs.
The information we collect may include IP-addresses, browser version, number of visits, which pages you access and your viewing preferences
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website:
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping basket items cannot be provided. We don’t use these cookies to gather information about you that could be used for profiling, advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information on how visitors use our Website. For example, which pages visitors go to most often, and if you get error message s from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language or the region you are in. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
[Category 4: Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation. ]
Category 5 : Social Media Cookies
These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
How do I control cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers. However, please note that if you select such settings you may be unable to access certain parts of our site or certain content or functionality may not be available. [To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.]
[If you’d like to opt out of other third party cookies relating to behavioural advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu. Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns]
How is the Information Protected
LighterLife Fast2 operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We take reasonable precautions to keep your personal data secure, and require third party data processors to do likewise. All personally identifiable information is subject to restricted access to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse. Please note, however, that we may release your personal data if required to do so by law, or by search warrant, subpoena or court order.
Under UK data protection law, your rights include:
- a right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data to which you have previously consented.
- a right to obtain a copy of the personal data which we hold about you.
- a right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
- a right to have incorrect personal data we hold about you corrected.
To obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please write to us at the following address: Privacy Co-ordinator, LighterLife Fast2 Ltd, PO Box 20, Guernsey, GY1 4AN enclosing your postal details, proof of ID (a copy of your driving license or passport), and a cheque for £10 payable to LighterLife Fast2 UK Limited.
If you opted to receive newsletters, commercial emails or other communications from us or Lighterlife Group Companies at the time you registered on this website but subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out of our communications or amend your choices by clicking unsubscribe in email communications, texting stop to the number given in sms, emailing email@example.com or writing to Customer Care, LighterLife Fast2 Ltd, PO Box 20, Guernsey, GY1 4AN.
If you also wish to opt-out of communications or amend your choices from LighterLife Group companies , please contact us at LighterLife Fast2 Ltd, PO Box 20, Guernsey, GY1 4AN. We will update our databases and use our reasonable endeavours to pass on your preferences to the relevant company but we recommend that you also get in touch with the relevant company directly.
Linking to other websites
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties including LighterLife Group companies and Superdrug. These websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
The services available on this website are only for persons resident in the United Kingdom. Information regarding products, services, rates and promotions are applicable to these countries only.
No representation or warranty is given that the materials contained in the site are appropriate to, available in or relevant for any other location.
LighterLife Fast Competition Terms and Conditions
Please read the below terms and conditions carefully
8th January 2018
- This prize draw is open to UK and ROI residents aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- To enter, get in touch by direct message on our social channels, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Closing date for receipt of entries is 30th January 2018 17:00 (UK time).
- Only one entry per person per prize draw competition will be accepted.
- Prize of £500, you must follow our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page @LighterLifeFast and use the hashtag #LLFFreebie to be eligible to win this prize.
- Obscene or inappropriate entries will not be accepted and LighterLife Fast reserves the right to reject any entries for any reason at its sole discretion.
- The promoter will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the Promoter is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be contacted by LighterLife Fast after the winner has been selected. The winner must supply their postal address within  days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
- The winners details (name and county) will be made available on request to those writing to “LighterLife Fast Competition, LighterLife, Cavendish House, Parkway, Harlow, CM19 5QF” within ten weeks after the closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity arising from this promotion.
- By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
- These Terms and Conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter and Data Controller: LighterLife, Cavendish House, Harlow Business Park, Parkway, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5QF (Please do not send entries to this address).
Last updated 21/12/2017