- 150g (5oz) plain tofu, cubed
- 1cm (½ in) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ¼ hot red chilli, chopped
- 4 tbsp stock
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 80g (3oz) pak choi, roughly shredded
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- Heat the tofu under a hot grill until lightly browned on both sides, or cook on a ridged, cast-iron grill pan. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli with half the stock to a pan and cook over a low heat for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the coriander, cumin and turmeric, and cook for 2 minutes, then add the water and simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the grilled tofu cubes and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining stock in a wok or deep frying pan.
- Add the peppers and spring onions and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the shredded pak choi and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until wilted.
- Season with the soy sauce. Serve the tofu immediately with the stir-fried vegetables.
- Tip: You could use Quorn pieces as an alternative to tofu.