- 150g (5oz) skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 bacon medallion, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ripe, medium tomatoes, chopped
- 150ml (5floz) stock
- 1 medium yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 handful chives or parsley, chopped
- Score the chicken breast. Mix the paprika and 1 tsp of the lemon juice, then rub into the chicken breast. Set aside in the fridge to marinate for one hour.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat, then add the marinated chicken and cook for 10 minutes on each side to seal. Remove the chicken, set aside on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the bacon and onion to the pan and heat, stirring continuously, for 5 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes have broken down.
- Add the stock and chopped pepper, and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the lemon juice and chopped chives or parsley, stir well, and serve.
- Tip! If you prefer a smoother sauce, use 320g passata instead of fresh tomatoes.