So what is the Fast Philosophy?
Live life on your terms and feel great. Your diet should work around you, not you around your diet.
We believe that losing and maintaining weight shouldn’t be hard work. We’ve created a plan based on intermittent fasting that makes weight loss and weight management simple.
And what exactly is intermittent fasting?
Have you heard of the 5:2 or 16:8 plans? These are both ways you can fast intermittently.
By “fasting” we don’t actually mean you eat nothing – instead, we’re talking about restricting your calorie intake to about 25% of your normal daily intake. It’s a way of eating that’s been around for a very long time and one that could provide health benefits. And the “intermittent” bit? That means you don’t do it every day, but rather on a couple of days a week.
With LighterLife Fast, intermittent fasting is simple. We suggest that you fast for just two days a week, using our fab Fast foods, then on the other five days you have a healthy, balanced diet. That’s it!
You’ll lose up to 2lb each week by restricting your calories for just two days a week! If you want to increase your fast days to three, that’s OK, too.
What do I eat on my two Fast days?
Fast for two days each week – it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Choose two days of the week that work best for you – LighterLife Fast fits right into your lifestyle. Lots of people like Mondays and Thursdays but the beauty of this plan is you choose the days that work for you!
- Choose any four of the LighterLife Fast products from the range – are you sweet or savoury, like a mix of both or want to stick to the shakes? There are over 30 different meals to choose from, including porridge, soup, spag bol, shakes, smoothies, mousse….
- Choose plenty of calorie-free drinks – water is your Fast friend, so make sure you stay well hydrated so you feel great while you’re fasting and losing weight.
And what about my non-Fast days?
On non-Fast days (we call them Smart Days), keep your weight in check with healthy, balanced meals.
As a quick guide, aim for a daily intake that comprises: 1/2 veg, 1/4 protein (e.g. lean meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses), 1/8 whole grains (e.g. oats, brown rice, quinoa), 1/8 fruit.
Still not sure what to have on a Smart Day?
Following The Fast Philosophy, we suggest 3 meals plus 2 snacks each day:
- 1 of these meals is what you’d normally eat. Fancy fish and chips for dinner or a fry-up for breakfast? You can on this plan!
- For the other 2 meals stick to less than 300 calories per meal – you could have a LighterLife Fast meal, make something from scratch or choose a healthy option from your local lunch place.
- Enjoy up to 2 snacks per day of around 100 kcal or less. For best results, think higher in protein, lower in carbs.
And we don’t want you to be feeling alone or a bit unsure about what to do on your Smart Days, so we’ve created The Fast Zone just for you. Sign in to access our FREE meal planners and recipes and get yourself off to a flying start.
Let us know how you’re getting on and share your experiences with other LighterLife Fasters in our Facebook group – head to @lighterlifefast and click on the pinned post.