- 1 small baking potato (approx. 150g)
- 1 rasher lean back bacon (approx 30g)
- 1 tbsp skimmed milk
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 20g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Small bunch grapes (approx 80g)
- Wash the potato and prick all over with a fork.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven (200°C, gas 6) for about 1 hour, or until it yields slightly when you press it gently. Alternatively, microwave on high for 7-10 minutes (first wrap in 2 sheets of kitchen paper towel to absorb the moisture from cooking and create a crispier skin than you’d usually get from a microwave oven).
- Meanwhile, grill the bacon, then chop finely.
- When the potato is ready, cut a cross in the top and push upwards around it to loosen the flesh – this makes it easier to scoop out. Mash the flesh with in a bowl with the milk, stir in the bacon, spring onion and cheese, and season with pepper.
- Fill the potato skin with the cheesy bacon and potato mixture, and pop under a preheated hot grill until the cheese is melting and bubbling. Serve with the grapes on the side.
- Smart tips:
- Try with different flavours of cheese – a blue cheese or feta work well.
- For a vegetarian version, use 80g sliced, dry-fried mushrooms instead of the bacon (giving you 257 kcal, 11g protein, 42g carbs, 5g fat, 4g fibre instead).