Made with frozen yoghurt instead of ice cream or cream, our yummy banana split gives you all the taste for far fewer calories.
- 200g (7oz) low-fat plain yoghurt
- 15g (½oz) dark plain chocolate, broken into squares
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 level tsp cocoa powder
- ½ level tsp cornflour
- ¼ cup or 60ml (2floz) water
- 2 small bananas
- 15g (½oz) flaked almonds
- Freeze the yoghurt 2 hours before required, stirring halfway through to prevent ice crystals forming.
- Put the chocolate, honey, cocoa, cornflour and water in a small non-stick saucepan, set over a low heat and stir with a wooden spoon until the sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Peel the bananas and cut in half length-ways. Place each split banana in a serving dish, sandwiched together with half the frozen yoghurt. Pour the warm chocolate sauce over the top and scatter with the flaked almonds.
- Smart tip: Add a couple of drops of vanilla essence to the yoghurt before freezing.
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Prep: 2 hours
Cook: 10 minutes
How useful was this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!