This lovely smooth soup is bursting with autumn goodies and flavour.
- ½ sweet potato (approx 100g), peeled and chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 250g butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100g peeled and chopped Bramley apple
- Pinch powdered ginger
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the sweet potato, onion and garlic in a splash of stock in a non-stick pan over a low heat until softening.
- Add the squash, apple, ginger and the rest of the stock, and season.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20-30 mins, until the apple and all the vegetables are soft.
- Whizz with a stick blender until smooth and serve seasoned with black pepper.
- Smart tip: Experiment with different seasonal veg, such as pumpkin, parsnip and carrot.