A warming and comforting meal flavoured with oozing cheese and mushroom.
- 115g (4oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 200ml (7fl oz) stock
- 200g (7oz) baby new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or 1 tsp chopped garlic)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 30g (1oz) reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5.
- Put the mushrooms, leek and 5 tbsp of the stock in a non-stick pan and sauté over a low heat for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables have softened and the stock has evaporated.
- Cover the base of an ovenproof dish with a layer of overlapping potato slices.
- Spoon half the mushroom and leek mixture over the top and sprinkle with some of the chopped onion, garlic, parsley and cheese.
- Grind over some black pepper.
- Cover with another potato layer and keep layering up the dish until all the ingredients are used up, finishing with a layer of potato and a sprinkling of cheese.
- Heat the remaining stock in a pan and pour over the top of the vegetables.
- Bake for 40/45 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the top is crisp and golden. If it’s browning too fast, cover with some foil.
- Tip! Instead of mushrooms and leek, try tomatoes and courgettes or spinach and aubergine. This is good served with salad and grilled tomatoes.
Total Time: 70 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 55 minutes
How useful was this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!