- 200g crab meat
- ½ egg, beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 80g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Flesh of 1 ripe, medium avocado (approx 200g with stone), mashed
- Pinch ground cumin
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- 80g salad leaves
- ½ red pepper, finely sliced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp low-fat plain yoghurt
- Mix the crab meat, egg, black pepper and half the coriander in a bowl. Divide and shape into 4 equal-sized patties.
- Cook under a preheated hot grill for 4-5 mins each side, until hot and golden brown.
- Finely chop 4 of the cherry tomatoes halves and mix with the avocado, cumin, lime juice, the rest of the coriander and a little of the onion to make the guacamole.
- Mix the salad leaves and red pepper with the rest of the tomatoes and onion. Mix the mustard, balsamic vinegar and yoghurt to make a dressing, then drizzle onto the salad and serve with the cooked crab cakes and the guacamole.
- Smart tip: Make sure the grill is hot enough to crisp up your crab cakes.