Packed with seasonal veggies, this wonderfully light soup is a real summer treat.
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 200g new potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium courgette, thickly sliced (approx 230g)
- 200g raw baby spinach
- 1 tbsp low-fat fromage frais
- Add a splash of the stock to a large non-stick pan with the soy sauce and onion, and cook gently for 10 mins.
- Add the remaining stock, the potatoes and courgette. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer gently for 30 mins. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove from the heat and season with black pepper, then blitz with a blender until smooth.
- Reheat gently for 5 mins and serve swirled with the fromage frais.
- Smart tip: Replace the fromage frais with plain soya yoghurt for a vegan meal.
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
How useful was this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!