Our unusual sweet and spicy soup is guaranteed to see off the gloomiest of winter weather!
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 250g carrots
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped, skin on
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 400ml hot vegetable stock
- black pepper
- 20g flaked, toasted almonds
- Put a non-stick pan over a medium heat and gently “toast” the curry powder and fennel seeds for about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, apple and onion, then stir carefully until covered with the curry mixture.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- When the vegetables are softened, stir in the hot stock. Blend until smooth, bring back to the boil for a minute, then serve seasoned to taste, topped with the toasted almonds.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
How useful was this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!