There’s nothing to beat a steaming hot bowl of tomato soup on a cold winter’s day – especially when it’s this easy to make!
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g canned plum tomatoes
- 80g canned Puy lentils
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Granulated sweetener, to taste
- Cook the leek and celery in a splash of the stock in a large, non-stick saucepan over a medium heat until softened.
- Add the remaining stock and all the other ingredients, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 mins.
- Remove from the heat and use a stick blender to make a smooth, rich soup.
- Smart tip: Serve with cheesy croutons – find out how to make them here.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
How useful was this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!