- 2 small (100g/3½oz) ripe avocados
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- juice of 1 large lime (or 2 tbsp bottled juice)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Small bunch of coriander leaves and stalks, finely chopped
- Pinch cumin
- Ground black pepper
- ½ red or green chilli, finely chopped (omit for a milder flavour)
- Halve the avocados and scoop out the flesh. Roughly chop, put in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the tomato, lime juice, onion, coriander and cumin, season with ground black pepper, add the chilli (optional) and stir well.
- If not serving immediately, cover with cling film – ensuring it touches the top of the guacamole to help stop it browning – and store in the fridge.
- Tip! If you prefer a very smooth guacamole, blend all the ingredients in a food processor. You can use lemon juice instead of lime. As an alternative to the tomato, onion and chilli, add in a couple of tablespoons of shop-bought salsa. You could also try a dash of Worcester sauce instead of the chilli.