Home-made humous is the perfect way to enjoy a low fat, protein-packed lunch and three of your five a day.
- 200g drained, rinsed chickpeas
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 80g sugar-snap peas
- ½ red pepper, cut into strips
- Put the chickpeas in a blender with the lemon juice, garlic, black pepper and 4 tbsp cold water, and blend into a purée.
- Serve with the sugar-snap peas and pepper to dip.
- Smart tip: Vary the veggies – try celery sticks, different coloured peppers, and strips of cucumber or raw courgette.
Total Time: 4 minutes
Prep: 2 minutes
Cook: 2 minutes
How useful was this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!