Grilling potato skins is a healthy and tasty alternative to deep-frying.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 120g fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1 small green chilli, finely chopped and de-seeded
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Pinch cumin powder
- 1/3 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Microwave or bake the potatoes until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, carefully cut them in half and scoop out the flesh, leaving a thin layer on the skins (save the scooped-out flesh for another meal).
- Cut each potato skin into 3 then place, skin-side down, on a large baking sheet and grill until crisp, turning where necessary.
- Meanwhile, mix the tomato purée, chilli, coriander and cumin to make the dip. Serve with the potato skins, with the avocado and tomato on the side.
- Vegan alternative: swap the Greek yoghurt for a non-dairy alternative.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
How useful was this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!