Wild Scottish salmon is in season, but this works just as well with farmed for an omega-3 packed dinner that’s quick and easy to rustle up at the end of a busy day.
- 283 Kcal
- 8g Carbs
- 23g Protein
- 19g Fat
- 3g Fibre
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce (reduced salt)
- 160g salmon fillet, skin removed, halved
- 180g firm tofu, cubed
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the teriyaki sauce and 1 tbsp of the soy sauce in a dish, add the salmon, coat and set aside for at least 10 mins.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Put the tofu, stock and remaining soy sauce in a non-stick pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins, then add the mushrooms and spinach and cook for 3 mins.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on a non-stick baking tray, drizzle with the marinade and grill for 12 mins, or until the fish is cooked through. Remove and discard the skin.
- Pour the tofu and vegetables mix into 2 bowls, topped with the salmon (skin-side up) and sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
- Smart tips:
- Keeping the skin on while cooking helps the fillets retain their shape, taste and texture.
- Instead of shiitake mushrooms, try chestnut – their nutty flavour is a good match with the teriyaki sauce.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
How useful was this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!