- 2 medium eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 asparagus spears
- 1 baby carrot, cut into long thin sticks
- ½ red or orange pepper, cut into long thin sticks
- Put the eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 1 minute for a very soft-boiled egg and 2 minutes for a firmer white but still a runny yolk.
- Remove the eggs from the water to prevent them from cooking any further.
- Meanwhile, steam the vegetables of your choice until just tender (or boil for 4-5 minutes).
- Cut the tops off the eggs, season with black pepper and serve with the hot vegetable dippers.
- Smart tip: Instead of cooked veggies, try raw strips of pepper, courgette, celery or cucumber.