Enjoy a Spanish-style lunch that’s bursting with sunny flavour whatever the season.
- 1 medium slice wholegrain bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp hot vegetable stock
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 slice Parma ham
- Toast the bread then, while it’s still warm, rub one side lightly with the garlic clove.
- Cook the onions with the stock in a non-stick pan over a medium heat, until softened.
- Finely chop the rest of the garlic clove, and stir into the onions, along with the tomatoes and basil, and heat through.
- Serve the toast topped with the Parma ham and the onion and tomato mixture.
- Smart tips:
- Replace the ham with 80g roasted peppers for a vegetarian option.
- Add fresh chopped basil to the tomato and onion while cooking.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Prep: 2 minutes
Cook: 3 minutes
How useful was this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!