Garam masala and chilli add warmth to our easy, velvet-smooth soup.
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded
- 150g parsnip, peeled and chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp runny honey
- ½ pint vegetable stock
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 20g cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Put the onion, chilli, parsnip, red pepper, honey and stock in a non-stick saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 mins, until the vegetables are tender, then blitz with a blender until smooth.
- Stir in the garam masala and ghedda, then warm gently over a low heat for 5 mins.
- Serve swirled with fat-free natural yoghurt and sprinkled with chives.
- Vegan alternative: use the same quantity of vegan cheese.