Versatile courgettes are coming into season, so make the most of them with this Mexican-inspired recipe.
- 2 large courgettes (approx 230g each)
- 120g frozen sweetcorn kernels, defrosted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas 4.
- Halve the courgettes lengthways and scoop out the flesh to leave a thick shell, then place upright in a shallow, ovenproof dish.
- Cook the courgette flesh, onion, garlic and sweetcorn in a non-stick pan over a medium heat until the vegetables have softened and any liquid has evaporated, then remove from the heat and stir in half the cheese.
- Stuff the courgette shells with the vegetable mixture, topping with the remaining cheese, and bake for 30-40 mins until the courgettes are tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Smart tip: If the topping is starting to look a little “done” ahead of time, cover with foil.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
How useful was this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!