- 300ml (½ pint) stock
- 1 lemongrass stalk, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or 1 tsp minced/chopped garlic)
- 1 fresh red chilli, diced or shredded
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 80g mangetout
- 160ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- juice of 1 lime (or 2 tbsp bottled juice)
- 200g shelled raw tiger prawns
- 30g (1oz) rice noodles, dry weight
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 160g pak choi, finely chopped
- Put the stock, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, garlic, chilli and Thai fish sauce in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, mangetout, coconut milk and lime juice. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns, om, pak choi and coriander. Cook gently for about 4 minutes, until the prawns turn pink and the noodles are soft. Serve immediately.
- Smart tip: You could vary this by using a mix of fish/seafood – mussels, squid, prawns, white fish – and adding any vegetables of your choice.