In Italian, “tiramisu” means “pick me up” and you’ll certainly want to pick up our lush take on it!
- 80ml (3fl oz) hot strong espresso or filter coffee
- 6 x 15g sponge fingers
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp powdered sweetener
- 175g (6oz) quark
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Pour the hot coffee into a bowl and dip 2 sponge fingers into it – do this quickly or they’ll start to fall apart – then put each horizontally in the bottom of 2 wide tumblers.
- Beat the egg yolk and sugar until the mixture is thick, pale and creamy. Beat in the quark and vanilla essence and spoon half of this over the sponge fingers.
- Dip the remaining 4 sponge fingers into the rest of the coffee and arrange on top of the quark mixture. Cover with the remaining quark mixture and dust with cocoa powder. Chill in the fridge before serving.
- Smart tips:
- Use trifle sponges instead of sponge fingers.
- Give the tiramisu a kick by adding 1 tsp of brandy or Tia Maria to the hot coffee.
- If you don’t like coffee, swap it out for 80ml reduced-sugar, hot drinking chocolate.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
How useful was this recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!