- 1 medium egg
- 40g green beans, halved
- 1 large handful cos lettuce, chopped
- 7 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ medium yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 50g canned tuna steak in water, drained and flaked
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Hard-boil the egg by placing it in a pan of cold water, bringing it to the boil and simmering for 6-7 minutes. Then remove from the pan and plunge into cold water.
- Steam the green beans for 3-5 mins, until just tender. Add to a serving bowl with the lettuce, tomatoes, pepper and spring onion.
- Peel and chop the cooled hardboiled egg, and add to the bowl, along with the tuna and mustard. Give the salad a quick stir before serving.
- Smart tips: Vary the vegetables in this salad – try watercress instead of cos for a more peppery flavour, and some finely sliced red onion instead of spring onion. Tinned salmon works well in place of tuna.